Come join us for some Chillin’, Grillin’ and Tubin’ at Big Falls Park! We appreciate your business and as a way of saying thank you, we are happy to provide you with grills, picnic tables, charcoal, plates, napkins and plastic utensils all day long.
Have you ever taken the kids on a picnic and forgotten the lighter fluid or something as simple as plastic forks? You no longer have to worry about that because we provide everything but your food and cooking utensils at no additional cost. Our grilling service is complimentary with either a tube rental or Big Falls Park pass.
The next time you come to the river, make sure you pack a cooler full of food and enjoy a SHORE LUNCH without all the hassles, compliments of your friends at New River Junction.
We think that everyone should have access to this section of the beautiful New River. New River Junction has strived for over 40 years to help eliminate the parking and congestion problem at Big Falls (McCoy Falls). In order to provide a safe environment for everyone, we require you to follow the following guidelines to help us keep it clean and accessible to everyone.
- Park your car at New River Junction and use our shuttle bus to get to Big Falls Park. There is no public parking at Big Falls Park.
- If you get in the River at Big Falls Park (i.e., you’re not tubing just picnicking) you must follow all of our water safety rules. All children under 16 must wear a life jacket at all times. On YELLOW days you cannot go past the second buoy. You may go out to the first big rock (The Bleacher Rock) but no farther.
- Children under 16 cannot go past the second buoy at any time!
- You must be wearing a New River Junction wristband at all times to be in or cross Big Falls Park. Wristbands are $2 Monday thru Friday and $3 on Saturday and Sunday. Wristbands are free with a tube rental. Wristbands can be purchased at the New River Junction Office window.
- Never bring glass or styrofoam containers. Any glass or styrofoam must be left in your car.
- Please keep all trash picked up and deposited in appropriate receptacles.
- Do not start any ground fires or do anything that will harm the grass.
- All guests MUST use the shuttle bus service when traveling between Big Falls Park and New River Junction. The last bus trip leaves at 6:00 PM.
- Open containers of alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Do not move rocks, or bring rocks onto grassy areas.
- Dispose of all cigarette butts in an appropriate manner.
- You must use NRJ-provided grills. Personal grills are not allowed.
Use of the family grills at Big Falls Park is first come, first serve. To help make our grilling service more accessible to everyone, please limit what you bring to one cooler and one canvas bag per family. Use of the group grilling area at Big Falls Park or the New River Junction Office is by reservation only.
Big Falls Park is only open when New River Junction is open for tubing. Make sure to park and pay for your vehicle at the NRJ Office.
We strictly enforce the parking policy in an effort to eliminate parking problems along Big Falls Road.