New River Junction is only open for tubing when the water level permits a safe environment for our guests. It is a good idea to check our Facebook page or call before planning a trip to see us, especially if you are traveling a long distance or there has been precipitation in the area. Our decision to open or close and that day’s operating color will be made by 10:30 AM.
We insist that you follow our rules at all times. The rules are posted here, and reminders are posted throughout the Office area and Tube Corral. With any violation of these rules, you will be asked to leave immediately, without a refund. In some cases individuals may lose the privilege of using any amenities or services associated with the New River Junction.
Please help us keep the River a safe and enjoyable destination by being familiar with our rules.
- Non-swimmers and children under the age of 16 must stay river right and between the yellow buoys at all times if they go through the rapids.
- Non-swimmers and children under the age of 16 must wear a life jacket anytime they are in the River.
- Do NOT stand on your tube at any time.
- While on your tube, keep your bum up and feet-first.
- If you are ejected from your tube, do your best to hold onto it.
- EVERYONE must stay to the right side of the river (River Right) and between the yellow buoys on YELLOW days.
- Glass and styrofoam are NOT permitted in the River.